Monday, July 11, 2016

Tesla's master plan part 2

A couple of weeks ago when Tesla announced its bit to takeover SolarCity, I noted down my suspicions that Tesla would introduce a solar powered electric car. A few days later Toyota announced it's new solar powered Prius, beating Tesla to it, although with a hybrid car. A few hours ago Elon Musk seemed to confirm my suspicions as he wrote on Twitter: "Working on Top Secret Tesla Masterplan, Part 2. Hoping to publish later this week." And 2 hours later: in a tweet in response to a blogpost about the reason for the SolarCity takeover: "Kinda. Creating a seamlessly integrated Tesla battery & solar power product that looks beautiful is the reason"
Bets are still on. I don't think it's a seamlessly integrated home system. I think it's going to be an integrated system on wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment